Use a tax ID number to set up your Blurb taxpayer information

  • Updated

How to use a tax ID

To add a profit mark-up to a Blurb publication U.S. authors must enter a social security number (SSN) or a tax ID (also known as an Employer Identification Number or EIN).

To use a tax ID/EIN you must select an address from your address book with the name of an individual or entity in the Company Name field.

If the Company Name field is blank you won't be able to submit your tax information and will see the following error message: The address must have a company name when not using a social security number.

What to enter for Company Name

The content of the Company Name field should correspond to the name of the  individual or organization associated with your tax ID/EIN. Please consult your EIN records, or a tax professional, if you are unsure of what to enter in the Company Name field.


Was this article helpful?