Starting mid-July 2022, Blurb will no longer support the creation or conversion of ebooks or the distribution of ebooks through the Blurb Bookstore or Apple Books Store. In 2023, Blurb will completely remove ebooks from our platform.
Why this is happening:
We’ve found that ebooks are not as easily shareable and have more font and formatting restrictions than other digital assets, like PDFs. Therefore, while we know this could be a disappointment, we’ve decided that we can no longer support ebooks.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you have an existing ebook project in the works through BookWright, you can still upload for conversion through mid-July 2022.
- You can also continue to convert your book projects uploaded via BookSmart, Lightroom, or our PDF Uploader until this time.
- You can keep selling the ebooks you published before the deadline in the Blurb Bookstore and Apple Books Store. Once support for creating ebook projects is discontinued, you’ll no longer be able to publish them to either the Blurb Bookstore or Apple Books Store for public sale.
- There will be no changes to our Instant PDF option—in fact, it is the best way to convert your print files from now on. For additional information on creating an Instant PDF from your print files, see how to purchase and download a PDF of your book.
- For information on downloading your existing ebooks to your computer or mobile device for safekeeping, please see opening and reading your ebook on iPad or iPhone or downloading your ebook on a laptop or desktop.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are here to help with information and tools to get your projects up and running. Stay tuned to this page for additional updates.