Need guidelines for CMYK black values for books created with our plugin for Adobe InDesign?
Please note that the below are not precise measurements but rather basic recommendations about what our tests have shown to be the best mix of color for a good black.
- Use a mix of 60C,50M,50Y,100K for any content in which a rich black is desired. (This is best for areas of large ink coverage).
- For a cooler black try 80C, 20M, 20Y, 100K. For a warmer black try 20C, 70M, 70Y, 100K.
- For black text or black line art use 0C, 0M, 0Y, 100K.
- We do not recommend using "Registration Black" (100% of all inks) because this may cause problems when printing.
- For reverse text on a rich black background the smallest size we recommend is 6pt sans serif, 8pt serif, and 10 pt script.
We recommend you order and review a single Blurb-printed copy before placing a large order or completing an important project. That way you can see how your colors and overall project look in print, and can correct any potential issues in your content or layout before placing the final order.