If you have your own ISBN you have two options for displaying it on your book:
When you use our book-making tools and select the option to use your own ISBN your book will have a barcode on the bottom center of the back cover. We can't include a price in that barcode.
Want to customize the placement of the barcode or display a price as part of the barcode? If so, you must add your ISBN and barcode as an image to your back cover. (We recommend using a PNG image rather than a JPG for the sharpest results).
If you upload a book with a custom-placed ISBN then do not select the option to use your own ISBN. Otherwise you'll end up with two barcodes in the printed book.
If you're making a Trade book do not place your own barcode image on the cover. Our Trade books require a Blurb-placed ISBN. If you add a custom-placed ISBN to your Trade book cover you'll end up with two barcodes in the printed book.
Planning to sell your book?
Selling on Blurb's site only
Simply add the image of your ISBN and make your book for sale on Blurb. You don't need to contact us in this case.
Selling on Amazon.com
You can choose Blurb placement or custom placement of your ISBN as above. Then upload your book and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Your Blurb username
- The email address you use for your Blurb account
- Your own, never-before-used ISBN, which has not previously been associated with any other book
- If you have multiple cover types for you book, please include multiple ISBNs and specify which cover type each ISBN is for.
- Confirmation that this is the FINAL version of your book.
- A link to your bookstore preview. You can find this link on your dashboard by clicking the Preview flag on the book cover.
Once we assign your ISBN to your book we will confirm the change generally within 3 business days. Please do not order or submit your book for distribution until you hear back from us.