This article details the payment schedule for profits from Trade Books sold via our Ingram distribution channel (also known as the Global Retail Network).
When do I get paid for my Ingram Trade Book sales?
It will take up to four months for you to receive payment for books sold through Ingram.
Why does it take four months?
There are multiple steps Ingram book sales must go through, plus the time it takes to process a payment. Here's how it works:
- A Blurb Trade Book sells via the Ingram Global Retail Network.
- Blurb receives a list of Trade Book sales at the end of each month from Ingram.
- Blurb imports these sales into our system and they display as Sales Pending in your monthly sales data for 90 days.
- After 90 days, your Ingram sales move to Sales Completed.
- At the end of that month, your payment for completed sales is processed (if you have met the minimum payment threshold).
- Payment is sent to you within 15–45 days after the end of that month
- If you haven't met the minimum threshold your profits will roll over to the next month.
Example Sales Pending data
- In the example below, there are 12 sales listed under 01 Jan 2016 and 18 for 01 Dec 2015.
- The Date of Sale is the first day of the month in which the sales occurred. This may not be the actual order date.
- These sales will remain as sales pending for three full months before displaying as completed.
- Shortly after the end of the month in which sales move to completed, we process a payment if the minimum threshold as met.