This article details the payment schedule for profits from Trade Books sold via our Ingram distribution channel (also known as the Global Retail Network).
When do I get paid for my Ingram Trade Book sales?
It will take up to three months for you to receive payment for books sold through Ingram.
Why does it take four months?
There are multiple steps Ingram book sales must go through, plus the time it takes to process a payment. Here's how it works:
- A Blurb Trade Book sells via the Ingram Global Retail Network.
- Blurb receives a list of Trade Book sales at the end of each month from Ingram.
- Blurb imports these sales into our system and the profit displays as Pending in your monthly profit reports for 60 days.
- After approximately 90 days, the profit from your Ingram sales move to Completed.
- At the end of that month, your payment for completed profit is processed (if you have met the minimum payment threshold).
- Payment is sent to you within 15–45 days after the end of that month
- If you haven't met the minimum threshold your profits will roll over to the next month.
Example Profit Pending data
- In the example below, there is profit for 3 different books listed under 2017-08-01.
- The Date of Sale is the first day of the month in which the sales occurred. This may not be the actual order date.
- This profit will remain as pending for two full months before displaying as completed.
- Shortly after the end of the month in which profit moves to completed, we process a payment if the minimum threshold as met.