BookSmart was our first book-making tool, launched in 2007. We recommend that you try our latest tool, BookWright, which has new features that aren't included in BookSmart. Check out our FAQ on the differences between the two tools.
However, if you're still using BookSmart for your book project, you need to upgrade to the latest version of BookSmart to be able to upload and order books.
Download the latest version of BookSmart:
- The latest version of BookSmart is available here. You'll be prompted to log in or sign up for an account in order to download.
- Depending on your browser settings, the download may start automatically or you may be asked to save it somewhere specific.
Note: By clicking the Download button, you agree to the End User License Agreement.
Install BookSmart on a PC
- Locate the installer you downloaded. It’s probably on your desktop, unless you specified a different location.
- Double-click the Install Blurb BookSmart icon to launch the installation wizard, and follow the directions.
- Double-click the BookSmart icon to launch BookSmart, and start creating your book.
Install BookSmart on a Mac
- Drag and drop the BookSmart icon into your Applications folder. This should override any older versions of BookSmart you may have downloaded.
- To launch BookSmart, open the BookSmart folder inside your Applications folder, then double-click the BookSmart application.
- Note: You must have Java 6 runtime (or later) installed. If you start BookSmart without it you will receive an error dialog with an option to download it from Apple. You can alternatively download it separately from the Apple support site.