To change the color of your cover, flaps, spine or pages in BookSmart follow the steps below. While it's possible to have pages of varying colors inside the book, the cover, spine, and flaps must all be the same color.
1. Go to the page or cover that you want to change the background color of and click the Backgrounds button.
2. Choose a color from the color swatches displayed. The new color will automatically be applied to your cover or page(s).
3. The Theme Colors > More Options button allows you to set your own color value, then click OK to apply to your background.
4. You also have the option to Apply this background to all pages, making every page in your book have this color background.
5. Select the blue Preview Book button in the lower right to see your background colors for the cover and pages.