These are Blurb's recommendations for images used in Bookify.
File type: JPG or PNG
Use only JPG (or JPEG) or PNG image files.
- JPG is fine for most images.
- Use PNG if your image contains text or line art, like scans or photographs of printed matter or architectural plans.
- If you use use PNGs they should be 8-bit and non-interlaced.
- No TIFF, EPS, PDF, PICT, BMP, RAW or GIF files.
Number of images < 1000
Please note that a Bookify book project can contain no more than 1000 images maximum.
Image resolution between 150 dpi and 300 dpi
If you see a low resolution warning, you need to make the image smaller on the page or use a different image altogether. There are no other ways around this.
- The resolution of images in Bookify should be 150 dpi minimum; 300 dpi maximum.
- JPGs straight from a camera are generally fine as they are and don't need to be made smaller. The only time you may need to resize a image is when placing a very large image into a much smaller container, or placing many large images on a single page.
Image size < 25MB
- Individual images should be smaller than 25MB in size.
- The width of vertically oriented images should be less than 4000 pixels. The height should also be less than 4000 pixels.
Color space = RGB
If you have no idea what color space is, no need to worry about it. For those who care about color space:
- Images should be in RGB or Grayscale (sRGB is recommended, and is the default color space for most digital images).
- Do not use CMYK images.
- If an image turns black when you drag it into Bookify, it's probably a CMYK image and needs to be changed to sRGB.