We give you several options for page numbers in your book. You can add page numbers to every page, or just the left-hand pages, or just the right-hand pages. You can also leave out page numbers completely.
You can't remove page numbers from individual pages--it's all or none. But any images placed over page numbers will hide the number so it won't show on the printed page.
Remember to review your page numbers (and everything else) before you upload and order your book.
Add page numbers
1. Click either the Pages icon or the Masters icon in the upper left.
2. Click the # icon and select where you want your page numbers to display, and on what pages to start and end the numbering.
Remove page numbers
1. Click the Masters icon in the upper left.
2. If your page layout contains page numbers, you'll see ### marking where on the page the numbers will display.
3. Right click the page number container you want to remove and click "Delete".
This will remove all page numbers from that side of the book. So if you right-click the left-hand page number container and then choose Delete, all your left-hand page numbers will disappear.
4. To remove page numbers for all pages on both sides, repeat this step for the other side.
Format page numbers
To format your page numbers (change the font, size, color, and other options):
- Click the Masters icon in the upper left.
- Now, on the page, click the box with the ### symbols.
- This will open the text formatting window, as pictured below.
- From there choose your font, size, and other options. (Don't type over the ### marks).
- Now repeat the same process for the ### marks on the right side page.