If you started a book in BookSmart or our online book-making tool, Bookify, you can easily import those book files into BookWright.
Why import existing BookSmart or Bookify projects into BookWright?
- Take advantage of BookWright features not available in BookSmart or Bookify. You can compare features here.
- Buy copies of your existing 5x8, 6x9, or 8x10 book as a Trade Book in either Economy or Standard printing.
- Publish your existing 5x8, 6x9, or 8x10 book as a Trade Book and set it up for sale through Ingram, making it available to thousands of retailers and prospective readers through stores such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Check out information about selling through Ingram.
How to import existing BookSmart or Bookify projects
We're able to import projects into BookWright that you uploaded from BookSmart or published from Bookify that are already available in your Blurb account.
If you’re still working on your book but want to import it into BookWright, simply click on the Preview Book > Order Book buttons in BookSmart or click the Preview and Order button in Bookify. Once the book is added to your Blurb account, we can import it into BookWright.
To import your book into BookWright:
- Download and open BookWright.
- Go to File > Import BookSmart or Bookify Project
- Log in to your Blurb account.
- After your available projects load, select the project you want to import and click the Import button on the lower right.
- Your book will now convert to BookWright in the background and you’ll receive an email with a download link.
- Go to your email and click on the download link for your .blurb file
- Find your newly downloaded .blurb file and double click on it (the book should open in BookWright)
- In BookWright, carefully review the book for any unexpected changes during conversion and either continue working on your book or upload to publish and order.