If you started a book in BookSmart or previously published a book with our online book-making tool, Bookify, you can easily import those book files into BookWright.
Why import existing BookSmart or Bookify projects into BookWright?
- Take advantage of BookWright features not available in BookSmart. You can compare features here.
- Buy copies of your Booksmart 5x8, 6x9, or 8x10 book as a Trade Book in either Economy or Standard printing.
- Publish your Booksmart 5x8, 6x9, or 8x10 book as a Trade Book and set it up for sale through Ingram, making it available to thousands of retailers and prospective readers through stores such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Check out information about selling through Ingram.
- Continue to edit and complete projects started through Bookify, a now discontinued tool.
How to import existing BookSmart or Bookify projects
If you’re still working on your book in BookSmart but want to import it into BookWright, simply click on the Preview Book > Order Book buttons in BookSmart to upload your book.
If you started your book in Bookify and you can't see the Order Book/Order More buttons in your dashboard, it means that your book was not published from Bookify. Contact our Customer Support team and we'll be happy to help you import your book into BookWright.
To import your book into BookWright:
- Download and open BookWright.
- Go to File > Import BookSmart or Bookify Project
- Log in to your Blurb account.
- After your available projects load, select the project you want to import and click the Import button on the lower right.
- Your book will now convert to BookWright in the background and you’ll receive an email with a download link.
- Go to your email and click on the download link for your .blurb file
- Find your newly downloaded .blurb file and double click on it (the book should open in BookWright)
- In BookWright, carefully review the book for any unexpected changes during conversion and either continue working on your book or upload to publish and order.