You can create a Layflat book in any of our Photo Book sizes. Here are some key differences in the paper and binding compared to our perfect-bound books:
- Layflat books can open totally flat without damaging the binding. This makes them ideal for page spreads (where an image prints across two facing pages).
- Layflat books can have 20-110 pages. Perfect-bound Photo Books can have 20-240 or 20-440, depending on the paper type.
- For Layflat books we use a 100# uncoated text with a smooth finish. Pages are glued back to back, so each page is double thick and feels like 200# stock. Perfect-bound Photo Book paper starts at 80#.
- Layflat books use one continuous sheet of paper for each page spread (e.g. pages 2 and 3 are a single sheet of paper) that is folded down the center and glued to the next spread, instead of individual pages glued into the binding. This makes Layflat ideal for showcasing photos that run across two facing pages.
- Layflat books have an ImageWrap cover with a soft-touch matte laminate.
- Our Layflat books don't have customizable end sheets. The inside front cover and inside back cover of Layflat books will always be white, and cannot be designed on
- The inside back cover of Layflat books will contain a barcode in the bottom center which is used by our printshop for quality control purposes.
- If you have an existing book you'd like to create convert you can read how to convert your book to Layflat.