Layflat books are a beautiful way for images to span across a two-page spread, allowing your images to take center stage and make a bigger impact. You can reorder existing photo books made with the following tools by selecting Standard Layflat as the paper option. Keep in mind that Layflat books have a page limit between 20-110 pages.
Simply follow the directions below based on your book-making tool. If you don't know which tool you used to create your original book, check this article.
For existing books made with BookSmart or Bookify
- Visit your Blurb.com dashboard
- Select Order More under your desired book.
- Within the cart, select Standard Layflat from paper type menu.
- Add to cart + checkout.
For existing books made with BookWright
- Open Bookwright and then locate and open your existing file (*You MUST have your original file*)
- Navigate to the Covers (top left corner)
- Select Standard Layflat Paper from the paper type menu.
*Double check your cover and spine. The new cover will have a different spine width, so carefully adjust the cover and spine to fit as desired.*
- Preview your book and then upload the final copy to Blurb for purchase.
For existing books made with InDesign
- Open the Blurb InDesign Plugin and CREATE A NEW BOOK. (*You MUST have your original InDesign files*)
- Enter the exact details of your previous book, including Book Trim, Page Count. Select LAYFLAT STANDARD PAPER and Imagewrap Cover type.
- Instead of creating a new Pages Template, use the link button and link to your previous Pages InDesign document. Open your previous InDesign Cover document.
- Go back to the InDesign Plugin and create a NEW Cover Template. Select ALL from your previous Cover Template and paste to the new Cover Template. The new cover will have a different spine width so carefully adjust all elements on the page to fit as desired. Upload your layflat book.
For existing books made with PDF Uploader
- Locate your existing PDF files (*You MUST have your original file*)
- Upload the PDF files to the Blurb PDF Uploader.
- Select Imagewrap and Standard Layflat Paper from the paper type menu.
- Carefully inspect the preview, as the Cover may need to be re-sized and elements may move slightly. If you decide to create a new Cover PDF for your Layflat book, see our Specifications Page to get exact dimensions.